Saturday, February 2, 2013

14 Days of Valentines ~ Day 2

Today I am going to share a recipe and a tip that was new to me. I have been making monster cookies for a long time and have always used quick oatmeal. I went to make my cookies and only had 2 cups of quick. I googled to see if I could use old fashioned and was pleasantly surprised that I could! Not only that, but I like them much better. Ü This is a very good thing, because we eat lots of oatmeal, so I always have old fashioned around. Now I'm not sure that I even need to by quick again.

Here is a picture of my Valentine cookies. Some were eaten and the others I put in the freezer to save until Valentine's day. I used an ice cream scoop to make extra large cookies.



Monster Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 cups peanut butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
6 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
8-9 cups oatmeal
1 - 12 oz pkg chocolate chips
1/2 lb M & M's

Mix in usual cookie order. Bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment