Tuesday, February 5, 2013

14 Days of Valentines ~ Day 5

I am a huge fan of Fancy Pants Designs and am excited that this week on Tombow we are partnering with them.

Today I am sharing a quick and easy project using their Love Note line designer papers.


I have a bandsaw and can cut my own wood, but I have read that you can go to Home Depot and cut your own there if you don't have a saw. I painted the blocks white, let dry and then used Tombow's Mono Aqua Liquid Glue to adhere the papers to the wood.

After that dried, I adhered the letters with the glue and then "painted" over all the blocks with the aqua glue as well. It dries a nice clear color and coats the paper to preserve it. Much better than Mod Podge and doesn't bubble up!

For the heart, I cut 3 hearts with white cardstock and glued together with Mono Adhesive Dots and then adhered it to the block with the aqua glue. I wanted the heart to stand out a bit.

I am making 5 sets of these. One for me and one for my son's girlfriend and the others for a benefit for a dear friend who is going through breast cancer. There is going to be a auction Sunday. If you live nearby and would like to bid on a set, let me know.

Be sure to stop by the Fancy Pants' blog to see what their design team creates using Tombow products. Don't forget to check the Tombow blog each day this week as well.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea, Debbie! I didn't know the clear Mono would be a good 'clear coat'. ;)
    Great little Valentine decor you've created!

    ReplyDelete