Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Fire and Ice Review

I recently signed up to do reviews for Bethany House Publishers. The first e-book I rec'd was Fire and Ice by Mary Connealy. 

I am a fan of Mary Connealy's books and have read many of them. However, this one was harder for me to get in to. It just seemed to go a lot slower than her other books.

Fire and Ice is a western story about Bailey Wilde and Gage Coulter. Bailey disguises herself as a man until Gage discovers the truth. The two battle head to head over land disputes. After a long hard winter, Bailey finds that she is glad to see Gage, but shocked when he proposes marriage to her.

The book picked up a bit after that and things get lively esp when Gage's mother shows up. Both Bailey and Gage have past hurts they have to deal with. Even in the pain of their lives, the humor for which Mary Connealy is known for is definitely present.

Even with the slow start, I would still recommend this book. There is fun love, romance, mystery, and humor throughout.

**Thank you Bethany House for providing me with a free e-copy for the purpose of this review. All opinions are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment