Saturday, March 19, 2011

I'm home

I went into surgery yesterday about 11:40 and left the hospital at 2:30!! They had me up and walking before I was even fully awake. Still can't believe how fast you can do things these days.

There was a Walgreens around the corner and we went there to get pain meds. I was sick before we got there (1 block) and had a very bad nite where I would have rated my pain at a 10 (which I never do, cuz I always say it can get worse, but was in so much pain I didn't WANT it to be worse!). Finally started letting up after 4 hrs. The gave me new anesthesia (told them I wanted what I had when I had my brain tumor, but they didn't listen, was sure "this"-can't remember what it was, but will be finding out- wouldn't make me sick. I've been sick all morning, but it's starting to wear off.

Just feel sucker punched all over now. Was told 1st 3 days wouldn't be so great as the pain shots they gave me in my back wear off. Not as bad as the pain I had before, so, so far so good.

No pain shooting down my leg! YAY!!! Told me it takes 1 hour for 1 milimeter of nerve to repair, so from my back to my toe, we have a long way to go (hey that rhymes! Ü), but that's okay, just need to learn to be patient. Also takes a long time for muscle to heal, so my leg will drag for awhile, but walking and PT will get me where it needs to be as they think they got it in time.

Incision is about 3/4" and is glued shut. Said to take shower each day and it will "peel like a sunburn but not hurt". How cool is that?!

THANK YOU for all your prayers and e-mails.

12 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear the pain is going away!!! Praying for continues recovery for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! I figured they'd keep you, at least a few days. Girl!...you are so tough! Your positive attitude is quite an inspiration. If you need ANYTHING, I know how to get to your house. Please call. Thanks for the update. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie I'm so happy your surgery went well, sending you hugs for a speedy recovery. Make sure to get plenty of rest and please keep us updated.
    Hugs, Jovi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Surgery Debbie and feel well soon
    thanks for joining in my candy and good luck
    I added in the 2nd entry for you :)
    hugs Nikki
    Limited Runs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - hope you get back to normal again soon- thinking of you keep up the PT and pain relief

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you Debbie and hoping the recovery is quick and as pain free as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a speedy recovery. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still thinking of you and praying for you a lot! Wow... 1mm per hour--that is fascinating! (I will be praying for patience for you, too.) :) So sorry you were sick from the meds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((Debbie))), I am so sorry for all of your pain. I am praying for your recovery, and send big cyber hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete