Thursday, January 7, 2010

A sneak, winter weather and pantry

**don't forget to enter to win blog candy here til Friday
I have been feverishly working on goodies for Inky Antics. I can't show you everything, but here is a sneak of what is coming. Oh my.... the new images are just so much fun! One of my favorite artists from when I used to make dolls and quilted/appliqued wallhangings is Tammy DeYoung. One of my very first stamps was one that she designed. So when I heard that she was designing some new images for Inky Antics, I BEGGED Jackie to let me play with them. Ü I didn't even know what the images were and then I saw a teacup and knew these were made just for me. Thank you Tammy! LOL!!

I used Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry paper. I love this paper and it was just perfect for this teacup mousie.

*************************
Today we have a late start (so far) due to all the blizzard conditions from yesterday. We will have to really bundle up as it is bitter cold out there.
*************************

Pantry Challenge day 2 (read post below if you are curious that this is about)

The boys wanted beef and noodles instead of chicken last nite, so we had that instead. We have canned beef in our pantry that we canned ourselves.

Today:
Breakfast: apple cider (from our HUGE abundance this fall) and banana muffins

**tip: I like my bananas FIRM, no softness whatsoever. So when we buy bananas if any get to soft I put them right into the freezer. Then when I want to make muffins, bread or cookies, I take out the number of bananas needed, let them thaw in a strainer, cut a slit in the peel and squeeze out banana into bowl. Super easy and they whip up perfectly.

Dinner: boys will eat school lunch, I will have spinach/lettuce salad, raw veggies and crackers, Bruce will have leftover enchilada from Monday nites supper.

Supper: Hamburgers and French Fries (made with our potatoes), raw veggies and Rice Krispie Bar

We are COMPLETELY out of margarine and cheese, so I will pick those up at the store after work. Tomorrow I will post how much I spent.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! It turned out soo cute! I'm so glad you had fun using it! Wait till you see the turtles!
    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable! That little mouse peeking out of the cup is so cute.

    I love hearing about your pantry challenge and your new blog photo is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete