Friday, June 12, 2009

Clean and Simple

This has to be one of the hardest "techniques" for me to do when it comes to stamping. This weeks CAS (Clean And Simple) challenges on SCS was to use pink/coral, kraft and one other color. I chose a pretty aqua blue.

As soon as I saw Nichole post about crocheting flowers I knew I wanted to try. Then my friend Melissa posted an even simpler one and that "hooked" me (heehee, you will only get that if you crochet). Well, it took a few tries to get one to look right, but I finally did it.

Crocheting with embroidery floss (Nichole's idea) is a great idea, but was kinda tricky until I got the hang of it. It's been quite awhile since I've crocheted.

Okay, so here is my Clean and Simple card with a crocheted flower using embroidery floss and also a felt flower cut with a Cuttlebug die. Sentiment is from the Paper Tray set by PTI. Kraft cardstock is also by PaperTrey Ink. Polka dot paper i retired Groovy Guava from SU! and button is Basic Grey.

3 comments:

  1. you nailed this challenge Debbie!
    Love your flower and the felt backing, and the sentiment, and the CAS layout....just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Debbie! I am mailing you some craft floss today. I think you will like it. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete