Tuesday, August 7, 2007

SU! Party cards

As mentioned in the previous post I went to a SU! party with a friend of Vicki's. I think it's been about 4 years since I've been to an actual party!! (I've been to a workshop, but not a party) These are the 3 cards that we made. Of course I had to "grunge" everything to make it my own. Ü It was fun using new products from SU! and using stamp sets that I don't own.
This first card is 3" x 6". It is to fit the long envelopes that I don't have. I wish she would have given us an envelope to stamp to go with it, but I'm sure the idea was to buy them Ü I'm just going to put it in a regular envy that you mail your cks/bills in. This was my least favorite card of the 3. We stamped the white panel first with green using a leaf wheel and then rolled over it w/ rose red using a flower wheel. I rolled over the punched flower cuz I thought it was too plain and "grunged" all the edges. If I were doing this myself I would sponge the edges, but didn't have my sponges with me, so just used the edge of the ink pad.
For this next card we were only to put glitter on four spots on the butterfly, but I put it on all the white circles and the dots at the end of the antennae. The gal mounts all her stamps at the bottom of the wood block. That was kinda weird for me as I like mine center mounted so I don't "rock" the block. I don't like that the verse is crooked, but I do like the card. We used new SU! in colors Purely Pomegranate and Blue Bayou. For the white doodling, she just showed to add dots, but I added a few dashes as well. I think I am going to stamp a different saying a cover up the crooked one. Ü
This is my FAVORITE!! If you know me at all, you know why...favorite colors and favorite time of year...FALL!!! Ü For this card I again added the "grunging", ribbon and pop dots behind the leaf panel. I don't have any of these sets/stamps and loved making this card! I will DEFINITELY be getting some of those big eyelets! I can see using these in boys' scrapbooks.

1 comment:

  1. These samples are just wonderful, I hope you continue to share your artwork.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete