Tuesday, February 6, 2007

VSN projects 2 & 3

Here are two more cards I did with the challenges on SCS for VSN.
For this first one, the hostess showed a picture of very pretty dishes that were blush and brown. there were stripes, circles and swirly designs on the dishes. We were to use that set as our inspiration and design a card. There is very little stamping. I embossed the verse with Bon Bon brown embossing powder-a color SU! used to carry. The flower on the bottom is 3 layers with a dimensional between them and then held together with a Making Memories brad. I used my textile embossing folder by Cuttlebug to make the embossed strip. Patterned paper is Blush by Basic Grey. This is probably my favorite line of paper by them so far.

This challenge was to use glitter and pearl ex. I love this embossed design from Cuttlebug embossing folders and I have wanted to see if I could make it look like old tin ceiling pieces. I embossed chocolate chip cardstock and then rubbed 3 different colors with my metallic rub ons. The butterfly is painted with pearl ex and Future floor cleaner. The hardware just seemed to be the perfect accent for the look I was wanting to get. I also splattered the stamped image using a creamy caramel marker and air art gun to give it a more rustic look.

1 comment:

  1. These cards are terrific...I am so craving that BG blush which I have yet to find in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete