Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy Harmony


Here is a simple birthday card I made up quick yesterday. I used a piece of Basic Grey that was already in my scrap stash as the background. I stamped "happy" on another piece of scrap and then stamped the dots on top of that. Added some hardware and ribbon from Wal-Mart. "Birthday" was stamped on a stripe scrap from the background piece.

I stamped the flowers after coloring them with markers and then hand made the stems with an olive marker. The flowers are stamped on a piece of patterned cardstock that I had printed from a CD that came with a scrapbook magazine. It really helped soften and age the look.

Mounted that to a scallop punched square. It still seemed to be missing something, so I pierced around the edge.
On the weather front...WHAT a mess!! it has been raining since last nite, (places already flooded with the warm weather melting all the snow we've had since Thanksgiving) suppose to turn to snow and 50 mph wind. Not good conditions for calving or for anything really.


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Debbie! Gotta love that background paper and the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks terrific...love the sponging and that DP!

    ReplyDelete