Thursday, May 7, 2015

Love is in the Air

April 25th's Theme: Love is in the Air. The bride's theme was "Destination Wedding" and this was another fun shower to plan...okay, so they are ALL fun! Ü

Jessica's colors are lime and navy and it is such a pretty color combo! I love seeing the room come alive as we add color to the tables. It's the same spot each time, but looks completely different with the colors and themes.

I wanted the invites to be passports, but just couldn't get anything to come together that looked good to me. So I did some pinterest and web searching and found airplane ticket invites that you can personalize. Then it all came together! Love it when that happens.

  
I used maps to cut up for the inside of the envelope. "Love is in the air" is computer generated to fit my little tag punch.


Guess what?!! Forgot my camera! And I was feeling better for this shower! But I had a lot on my mind as I needed to leave early to get back home so DH and I could leave and attend a banquet honoring parents and students of CSF (Christian Student Fellowship) that my son attends at college), so I'm guessing my mind was all over the place that day. Thankfully the bride's sister had a camera and shared these pictures. Thanks Michaela!! You are a lifesaver.


I like there to be sets of 3 things on the table for decorations and the third item was to be little globes, but the person that was thought to have had them, didn't, so there is just two this time. I made each of the suitcases from navy and green cardstock in my stash.

I wrapped recycled tin cans with pages from an atlas and then pinched the top of the cans to give them a different shape than just round. I really like how that looked.


For the food, I thought it would be fun to create some desserts from "around the world"


Russian Tea Cake Cookies

Angel Food Cake (USA)

Brigadeiros (Brazilian Chocolate Truffles)

Apple Strudel (Germany)

Hawaiian Fruit trees just for fun



Links:
invites www.ayleebits.com
envelope http://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/?page=view-shape&id=18383
"around the world" font: Heather
banner: Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbon
heart world: Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbon
Hawaiian Fruit Tree idea: Pinterest
Brigadeiros: recipe
Apple Strudel: recipe
Russian Tea Cake Cookies: recipe

Angel Food Cake (DH's g'ma's recipe and it's the best I've ever had and always get lots of rave comments on it when I make it)

1 c. cake flour
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 c. egg whites (about 8 eggs) **I use 12 eggs
1 1/2 t. cream of tartar
1/3 tsp salt **I use 1/2 tsp
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 tsp almond flavoring
1 c. sugar

Sift together 3 times cake flour and powdered sugar. Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, salt, and flavorings. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add the sugar a little at a time and keep beating until stiff. Fold in flour and powdered sugar mixture in small amounts. Turn into a large ungreased tube pan and bake 35 minutes in a 375° oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment