Monday, December 22, 2014

Pinned It Made It Monday Week 51

I made Twin Bing (or also known as Cherry Mash) candy from THIS pin, but didn't get a picture before they were all gone! LOL I have a microwave recipe that I've tried for years and maybe one of of 7 times the bottom would set, otherwise it was a  messy goo you had to eat with a spoon (not that any of the guys complained about that!), but it was nice to finally make a batch and they set up perfectly. I think that by cooking it on the stove top and being able to control the temperature is the trick.
Cherry Mash/Bing Bar. I make these every year at Christmas, but I think I might be the only one that actually likes them....
photo courtesy of food.com

Cherry Mash Bars

Ingredients
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 2 tablespoons butter (I used butter) or 2 tablespoons margarine ( I used butter)
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/3 cup half-and-half (I used 1/2 and 1/2 mixed with whole milk) or 1/3 cup undiluted evaporated milk ( I used 1/2 and 1/2 mixed with whole milk)
    • 1 cup miniature marshmallow
    • 1 cup cherry chips
    • 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate about 3 1/2 ounces) or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate ( I used Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate about 3 1/2 ounces)
    • 1/2 cup peanut butter
    • 1 cup salted peanuts

Directions

  1. Combine sugar, butter or margarine, salt and half and half in saucepan. Boil on high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in marshmallows and cherry chips.
  2. Spread in 8 or 9" square pan which has been lined with parchment or wax paper.
  3. Melt chocolate with peanut butter in a small pan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
  4. Stir in peanuts. Spread evenly over cherry layer.
  5. Let set in refrigerator. Cut into 1" squares with warm sharp knife (hold under hot water and then dry before cutting).

No comments:

Post a Comment