Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pinned It Made It Monday Week 37/Sunshine Basket

I'm a day late with my pin this week. Too much was going on yesterday to get this up even though I already had this project done.

This is another Sunshine Basket. There is no one pin that this is fashioned after, but the idea. You can go HERE to see my Sunshine Inspiration Board, as well as just search for Sunshine Box or Basket.



This is my 3rd basket that I've created, and I am so enjoying collecting yellow goodies and filling a personal basket to fit the person I am giving it to in hopes of adding a little sunshine to their "cloudy" days. Each person I have given to so far have either had cancer, a death in the family, or some really hard stuff going on in their lives. I think this would even be a fun basket to receive "just because". I know it would brighten my day just knowing someone was thinking of me and cared enough to add some love to a gift. What I like about this project is that there is no right or wrong way to make it, no limit to one's creativity or imagination.


I started off with a basket that I picked up at Goodwill for 50¢. I try to find really nice, sturdy baskets that the receiver can then use again for personal use or to fill with goodies and pass on to another. I look for anything yellow whenever I am out and about shopping that can be added in and then when I know who I am giving it too, add some more personal type items that I know they will enjoy.

I like to make these baskets as frugally as possible. I was able to get the mug & dish towel on clearance for 50¢ each. The notecards were created from printing for free HERE and adding some of designer paper from my stash to pretty up.

Also included is some fun yellow pkg'd candies, straws (because everything is more fun when drinking through a straw Ü), homemade lemon biscotti, lemon zinger tea bags, pretty pencil, yellow Bic Pen, sticky note pad, microwave popcorn, and lemon scented hand soap. The pretty ribbon tied to the basket was free as it was used as gift wrap on one of the wedding gifts of B & K's and she's not fond of yellow so let me have it. It was the perfect accent to tie the basket off.


This lovely basket went to my SIL. Saturday, she as well as my DIL had a girl's day out in GI and we went shopping, out to lunch, shopping, had our nails done (a first for me) and more shopping. I was able to pick up a few more yellow goodies to get another head start on a basket for when the occasion arises. After I know who it will be going to, I will add more personal goodies to it as well.

1 comment: