Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pinned It Made It Monday

...on Tuesday. Ü The 3rd Monday of the month, 2 friends and I host a ladies nite out. We have food, devotion, games/craft, etc. Last nite was our kick off and the theme was Fruit of the Spirit.

I did the meat & punch. I made Cranberry Meatballs, Ham Balls with Pineapple Glaze, Apricot Chicken Wings, and Frozen Fruit Punch.

The Cranberry Meatballs recipe I originally found in a Taste of Home magazine a few years ago and have made it several times whenever I needed to take an appetizer.

I bought frozen chicken wings I had to bake in the oven and then added the Apricot Glaze half way thru the cooking process, then put in crockpot on low until ready to serve. I LOVED this glaze and will be making it many times more to use on chicken breast, probably the ham balls and who knows what else. LOL!
 
 Hamballs with Pineapple Glaze.
 Here is my hamball recipe:
1 1/2 lbs. ham
1/2 lb. fresh pork
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. cracker crumbs

Grind together ham and fresh pork. combine ground meat, eggs, milk, and cracker crumbs. Form into balls of desired size. Place in baking dish; cover and bake 30 minutes at 350°. Remove from oven; drain grease if necessary and add sauce. I then put this in the crockpot on low til ready to serve.

 Here are some pictures of the food table:







For dessert, my friend made sugar cookies and we made our own fruit pizzas. They were a huge hit!
 
This was perfect as it ended up being a very hot day.
 
 
 
I am linking this up to Country Girl at Home for her Pinned It Made It Monday challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment