Tuesday, June 25, 2013

May Arts Nautical Challenge

Today I have a couple of fun projects to share with you that I created for a Nautical Themed Party for May Arts' Nautical Challenge.
101_2736 (900x675)
The first is the plastic cutlery holder made with an altered envelope. I glued the envelope shut and then cut with a scallop punch. It is decorated with digi stamp images from Birdie Brown and colored with Dual Brush Pens. The twine is from May Arts.
101_2738 (675x900)
The lighthouse is popped up with Foam Tabs. 101_2737 (900x675)
I also created an altered candle using Mono Adhesive Power Bond and Mono Adhesive Dots for a favor.  101_2739 (900x675)
All the ribbon is from May Arts. I use the Power Bond adhesive for the ribbon around the lid edge. The anchor and scallop were cut with my Silhouette and Nestiblilities die.
 
101_2740 (900x675)
 
101_2741 (900x675)
I hope you enjoyed my Nautical Themed Party ideas.

Cutlery Holder

Cut closed envelope to 3.5" and cut open edge with scallop punch
Decorate front of envelope with designer papers, May Arts ribbon and twine and colored image
 
Candle:
Cut designer paper 1" and adhere around candle
Cut solid paper to fit top of lid, then decorate
Cut and adhere ribbon to fit around lid
Tie blue strip ribbon around and tie in a bow.
 
Ribbons I used:
Twill QN14
Woven Chevron Stripes 443-58-01

I'm also entering this in the Clearly I Stamp challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sending me a message on Etsy, Debbie. These are so cute! I especially love the knot on the cutlery holder. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the silverware holder and might have to "lift" that from you if I ever do a dinner party!!

    Thanks for playing with us at Clearly iStamp Challenge #1 - red, white and blue color challenge. Hope to see you on the 5th for challenge #2.

    Kathy D.
    Clearly Digi Stamps Design Team/CiSC Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love all your adorable projects. Such cute ideas. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Nancy Guest Designer Clearly iStamp

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I love the cutlery set and the matching candle. Your knot is very nice! :) Thank you for joining us at Clearly iStamp. Hugs! Katy-Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK that is just way too cute, fantastic idea! Thanks for joining us at Clearly iStamp for the colour challenge. Dawn Frost guest DT.

    ReplyDelete