Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pinned It Made It Monday


My son has gone to Texas Roadhouse and said that the buns are the best there. I found a recipe for them and a honey cinnamon butter that is apparently served with them and thought I would give them a try.
 
source

mine
 
butter
source

mine
 
I need to go to Texas Roadhouse to try theirs as I didn't think these were anything special. I have a roll recipe that uses mashed potatoes that I think is the best bun recipe ever. These were kind of heavy. Any bread out of the oven is yummy, but I wasn't that impressed. The butter however was yucky to me. It is honey, butter, powder sugar and cinnamon. I'm not a "butter on my bread" person, so that didn't help and I didn't like the powder sugar in there at all! I DO love honey on bread or homemade jam, so I ate that, while the guys ate the other.

However, I did make this Bruschetta Dip that was quite delicious. I made it without the pastry. I cute the Roadhouse rolls in thirds and buttered and toasted them on both sides and then spread the dip on. It was soooo yummy!


mine
 
I am linking this up to Country Girl at Home for her Pinned It Made It Monday challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I'v never ate at Texas Roadhouse, I have a friend who loves it. Your rolls look good, the bruschetta look wonderful.
    Thanks for the kind comment. I love your bunny in your other post.

    ReplyDelete