Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Halloween Treat Cup


We are partnering with May Arts  this week on Tombow. I LOVE their ribbon! It is so gorgeous and so much fun to work with. This was a fun project for me to create. Other than needing to use  May Arts ribbon and Tombow products, we were free to create whatever we wanted.
 
I had planned to alter an envelope, went to get one and saw a peat pot sitting on the shelf just calling to be altered and just went from there. I didn't have any plan of what I was going to do, so it was fun to just create as it came to me.
 
First I spray painted the peat pot black and while that was drying, painted white polka dots on some crepe paper streamers using the cap of Gamsol (it was the perfect size and stitting on the table in front of me Ü).
 

Now while that dries, the black paint has dried on the peat pot. Add a bead of Mono Multi Liquid Glue around the top edge.

Now this takes a little while to dry, so go mix up a batch of cookies. Ü When it dries it will be clear-ish. I forgot to take a picture of that. Adhere May Arts ribbon handle. The crepe paper should be dry by now, so just center it over the glue and pinch pleat it as you go all around the edge.

I used Mono Adhesive Dot, Roller to adhere the lace to the center of the streamer. The May Arts lace was white and I colored it with a permanent marker to make it black. To adhere the tiny May Arts tiny ric rac I used the Mono Multi letting it dry first and then adding it to the center of the lace.

Now it was cute like that, but I thought it needed a little something extra, so tied a bunch of orange buttons with black embroider floss and added them with Power Tabs cut in fourths.

Be sure to stop by the May Arts blog to see the fun creations by their Design Team. Thank you May Arts for the lovely ribbon you sent! I have more goodies I created to share with you this week if you would like to stop by.

**entering this in the Crafty Friends Challenge #7

1 comment:

  1. Your treat cup is fantastic!! I love the trim and buttons!!

    ReplyDelete