Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stamp room

**Warning VERY long post

Joanna sends out our Tombow assignments usually a month at a time so we can work on them. I have to tell you I about freaked out when I saw one of this month's assignment was to show our stamp room! YIKES!! I marched right upstairs and got to cleaning! I'm so glad she did, because it sorely needed it!!

I am blessed that I have a whole room to work in. The room itself needs lots of work, but it is still mine to retreat to to create. My door is always open so the "boys" (this includes DH) can pop in whenever they want. Plus they know there are little jars/containers of candy they can munch on while we visit. Ü

Okay, you all ready? Open the door and to my left (west wall) is my sewing table. There are no electrical outlets in my room (the house is VERY old and apparently they didn't think this room needed them???), so I run a cord to Aaron's room to use my machine. (note: you can click on all the photos for a closer look.)

This is hanging above my sewing table.

this is a perfect reminder for me to see every time I sit down to sew

We are just going to move around the room, so this is what you see next. These boxes hold my Rubi Coils, Sizzix dies, and the top one just has some misc crafting items like tiles, alterables, etc.

Beside my Rubi Coil are two sets of shelves.
These were made by a Dirty Dozen member that I rec'd in a swap.



In the 3 white photo boxes I have my ribbon wrapped on 3.5" x 7" chipboard. One box is for pink, red, yellow, orange; one for blue, green and purple and the 3rd for black, brown, and white




On the bottom shelf between the boxes are 2 boxcar boxes that hold my ink refills. You can buy these at Wal-Mart. You can see how I label them on the outside.



North wall: Where I sit and do most of my stamping, I like that I can look out in our back yard. On the first shelf in the white/clear box is my SU! ink pads, bottom drawer holds SU! buttons and brads and needles. on the bottom is my 12 x 12 paper

East wall: underneath the table in the drawers are:
drawer 1: bling items like jewels
drawer 2: embossing powders, glitters, heating gun, etc
drawer 3: adhesives, tapes, glues
drawer 4: misc inks like cats eyes, embossing
drawers 5 & 6: punches

Wonderful birthday gift one year from a very special friend. this is within reach of my desk. On top are my blades, stamp cleaner, gamsol and cute clay sculptures from my son.

Not shown on this 6' table is this box of my 6 x 6 paper pads and my Big Shot.

by my table: I love this old trunk. Bruce bought this for me when we were dating. It was covered in THICK layers of ugly brown paint and we stripped it and found this cool blue stain underneath. This holds Benjamin's first pair of jeans, overalls, blankets his great grandma made him and some of Aaron's 'firsts' as well.

The little pink blanket the bears are sitting on my great grandma made me when I was born. The bears were made by DH's aunt.

this wallhanging was made by a friend and I use it as a curtain here.


In the corner, the red box holds felt, the clear boxes 8.5 x 11 cardstock. The door is to a very small closet. Inside I have shelves that hold my fabric, paints, alterables and wrapping paper

South wall: wonderful oak cupboard that we got at an auction all beat up. We stripped it of it's paint and stained it. Inside the top part are files, photo boxes, notepads to alter, etc.

In the drawers are envelopes and the bottom holds all my scrapbooks. I made that doll sitting to the left.

in the southwest corner I have my Darcie patterns, a quilt frame my g'ma gave me and some canvases I've been wanting to alter.

Last but not least is this antique printers tray I use to hold my stickles and other fun items.

Oh yeah...my Cricut is downstairs, because I don't have electrical outlets in my room.

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love it! How fun to see your room. I am loving your ribbon idea for storing. Like that you have a mix of fun treasures in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man....I want to come and stamp at your house!! I'm so jealous that you have a window!! I'm stuck down in my cave! I try not to complain though...I'd rather have my kids home than have a room with a window to stamp in!! That will come soon enough! Very cozy and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I am impressed with how organized you are, you'd faint if I took a picture of my stamp room right now, I don't know how I find anything. Love all your antique momentos in your special room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So much to look at! I have a lot to think about as I work on organizing my craft room. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely craft room! Thanks so much for sharing your ribbon organization idea with your friends at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete