Friday, September 10, 2010

Birthday X Two

I have two birthday cards to show you featuring Tombow's Dual Brush Pens and Mono Adhesive Permanent.

I love the tutorials that Marie shares on YouTube for Tombow and have been wanting to try them and decided now was as good a time as any. This first card is made using Tombow's Dual Brush Pens creating lavendar. You can see Marie's tutorial here.

Here is my version and go at this technique.

For the inside of the card, I used two Dual Brush Pens to color a sentiment. This is a rubber stamp. I colored the words I wanted to highlight in dark purple and the rest black. Just "huff" on the stamp after coloring and stamp onto your paper.

This next card again uses Marie's tutorial for daisies and dragonflies. Click here to view the tutorial.

Another fun tip to add some bling is to apply the Mono Adhesive along the edge of your panel and add glitter. I also used Tombow's Mono Aqua and added a little glitter to the dragonflies' wings.

The designer paper I used is from My Mind's Eye and the images on the paper are glittered.

As you can see from the inside of the card, I applied adhesive to the top of the scalloped paper and added glitter. The sentiment is done using the same technique as listed above for the lavendar card.

3 comments:

  1. What no Inky Antics? Just kidding. I love your Tombow marker cards, they are both so pretty. Great tip to run some adhesive and glitter it up.

    How did your dr. visit go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this at the Tombow booth at CHA...I've been wanting to try it...I love how it looks....but somehow think I'll mess it up when I try!! LOL! ;) Yours looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are very cute, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete