Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mommy & Me Bookmark Project

It is my turn to create a project for Tombow's Tot challenge. With my boys being older this is truly a "challenge" for me to think very young again. Ü

This fun bookmark would make a great "Mommy & Me" project. My boys are teens now with one off to college very soon, but the next time my nephew comes over, I think we might make one of these together.

The "mommy" part comes from using an exacto knife to cut out the heart center. The original pattern called for fabric to show thru the heart. That's what I did here.

I think it would be fun to put a child's school picture behind the heart and give to a grandparent who loves to read or even for themselves. You could also have the child draw a picture that would show thru the heart.



My "baby" is 15, but I had him make one (as he is ALWAYS needing a bookmark) to show how that would work. As you can see, he is VERY talented!

He even "drew" the wording for his bookmark and came up with it himself. It has a double meaning. "Tight" as in the boy tightly fits in the heart opening and "tight" as when you shut the book. Clever huh? Ü

I used Tombow's Mono Glue Stick and it worked perfectly. I wanted to make sure it would since I plan to try this with my 4 year old nephew some time. Obviously the Mono Adhesives would work as well.

1 comment: