Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lizzie Anne meets PaperTemptress

I am a guest designer for 2 months for The PaperTemptress. Not only am I, but Aaron too! Ü Make sure to check their blog and store as she has some very pretty papers! For my card I used Sweet Tooth (white), Blue Raspberry (lighter blue) and Teal Felt Grandee. The Teal Felt has this really cool texture. It is a heavy cardstock and would be perfect for those papercrafting projects where you need more weight. I love how SU!'s Taken with Teal ink matched it perfectly!

My bird is from Lizzie Anne Design's new Bless This Nest set and the sentiment is from In the Treetop. I also used Cuttlebug's Textile Texture embossing folder from eclectic Paperie on the Blue Raspberry paper and then sponged over it with SU!'s Taken with Teal. I think this is my favorite embossing folder. It reminds me of an old tin tile. I added some lace and ribbon to finish it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aaron's card uses Sweet Tooth (white), Black Licorice, Lemon Drop (dark yellow) and Banana Split (click on the color names and it will take you right to the paper in the store). He used Lizzie Anne Design's "Loads of Fun" single, Cuttlebug's Spots & Dots from eclectic Paperie, SU! black marker and Summer Sun ink and used SCS's sketch challenge #19 to make his card. He colored the circles that he thought looked like wheels with a black marker. Didn't he do an awesome job?

4 comments:

  1. Both of your cards turned out so well! I love your use of the cuttlebug folders for each card.
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards.....the lace on the bird one and the colors are perfect! I love the *wheels* Aaron highlighted on his card....very fun layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blue bird is so pretty, Debbie, and I love your pretty ribbon!! Your dump truck card is so cute as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are fantastic Debbie!! I love the monochromatic look to the colors of your first card. The bird looks beautiful in teal and I love how you added the lace. Very pretty!

    Your second card is perfect for a boy! I'm not the best with masculine cards but you did a fantastic job!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete