Saturday, July 26, 2008

Birthday Wishes

I loved the layout of the card I did when I did the SCS Featured Stamper of Stephanie Hargis (you can see it here). It is a great way to use up scraps of patterned paper and to make several cards at once.

I have a box with cardstock scraps that is organized by color in gallon ziplock bags. All of the pieces are smaller than 1/4 sheets.

I have a shoe box that has 1/4 sheets of cs that are arranged by color. I was able to make 5 cards very quickly with this layout and organization tool.

I pulled a partial sheet of patterned paper from my scrap box-patterned paper scraps are kept in a pizza box (25 cents for Pizza Hut boxes)-matched the blue in the pp with the 1/4 sheets I had already cut and went thru my ribbon, found some to match as well as some paper flowers for accent.

I needed to make birthday cards, so grabbed a SU! set with a birthday sentiment and went to work. By doing this assembly line fashion, in less than 1 hour I had 5 cards completely done.

2 comments:

  1. All with scraps...great design-great colors-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you go!! I love Ziploc bags too....they come in SO handy for ribbon, scraps....all sorts of things!

    ReplyDelete