Thursday, September 13, 2007

very sad...

Yesterday I took Benjamin to meet the bus at my brother's and as I was leaving my brother waved me down and said the hospital had called dad to say gr'ma was unresponsive (gr'ma was in a nursing home connected to the hospital). I told him to call Bruce and let him know I was going on to the hospital. By the time I got there, gr'ma had already passed away. They are saying it was a massive stroke.
I was in town most of the day and will be gone today for Benjamin's meet and then tomorrow, cousins are going to get together to make a memory board. Funeral is Saturday. I won't be on line for a few days.
I have wonderful wonderful memories of gr'ma and will share some of them with you all later.

7 comments:

  1. How sad for you and your family. Cherish the Memories. She will be with you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you will cherish your wonderful memories forever. Its wonderful that you and your cousins are gettng together to create a memory board. We did a simular thing when we lost my grandma many years ago. With 17 first cousins many of us lost touch with each other over the years but we all came together to do this and it solidified our bond and made us all realize how important and special our family members are. Hugs to you.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,

    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Cherish all of your wonderful memories with your Grandma. Sending you hugs.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your in our thoughts and prayers. As a native of Omaha , we must all stick together. Please check out my new blog...

    God Bless,
    Claire Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear of your loss Debbie. Grandparents are the cement of a family. She will be missed I'm sure. Your memory board will be very special to all of you. Happy recounting those days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I just wanted to express my heartfelt sympathy at the loss of your grandma. It's difficult to loose loved ones. I remember when my own grandma passed away and my mom called to tell me as I was back east visiting a friend at the time it happened. I was so anxious to get back back home. Take things easy and come back when you are up to stamping again. Hugs & Prayers, Ida

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete