Thursday, December 28, 2006

Datebooks

This date book came about because of an awesome gift I rec'd from my friend Lana. She had taken a notepad and tore all the pages apart, made a front and back with chipboard and then rubi coiled it all together.

I needed a $5 gift for our Christmas gift exchange with grandma this year (grandpa won't be able to come anymore due to his health). This is the kind of exchange where you draw numbers and then can steal gifts from someone else instead of opening a new one.

Anyway, I made the one here and liked it so well I couldn't bear to part with it. LOL!! I used the new patterned paper 'Loves Me' from SU! and sanded the edges. The flower is cut from my Cricut using the George cartridge and flower #1 at 3". I cut 3 from cardstock and one from patterned paper to give a chipboard look. The tabs were cut with my QuicKutz. I took a 2007 calendar and starting with Jan 1st, figured out the days and put the month tabs where that month would start. I need to fill in the days with a pen.
Soooo...since the Christmas is tomorrow and I had two days of baking to do, I was running out of time for a gift. I made
this one just now and now I really like it and it's going to be hard to part with, but I just gotta! Am I the only weird person that has a hard time parting with stuff I make? I do
make alot and give alot away, but once in awhile I like it so much that it's just hard to let go. (insert rolling eyes here)

Well, I better go and get things ready for tomorrow. We are suppose to get freezing rain and snow again. I am hoping it will hold out until after the Kim's funeral. We can reschedule Christmas, but I will be really disappointed if I can't make it to her funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment