Saturday, August 6, 2016

Christmas in August

This week at the Cutting Cafe, the design team is thinking about Christmas. Funny how fitting that is since this has been the coolest week we've had in quite some time. I haven't had to run the AC all week.

For my project I chose to create a Christmas Planner using the Holiday Planner Printable Set. I created the base of the planner with a manila file folder cut to size and then covered with designer paper. 

The front uses a snowflake cut from Christmas Boxes with Cutouts cut file, snowman image from Inky Antics 11118MC Decorating Snowman stamp set and the Christmas Planner is part of the printable file from Cutting Cafe's Holiday Planner set.
The inside shows the printable images I used to fill each pocket. The last pocket is an envelope I made a flap for to store receipts. I wanted to keep the inside very simple as it was already a bit bulky


I'm going to see if I can find a gray or white pony tail holder to use to hold it shut. I believe this would make it handier to have in one's purse that way.

Be sure to visit the Cutting Cafe Blog on the 7th and 21st of every month to see the design team's projects in which you can leave a comment to be entered into a drawing to win 3 FREE sets of your choice from the online store.

4 comments:

  1. this came out super cute, love that snowman...you are so on your game already.....i can never get things done early....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and so cute! I think I need to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah-ha--very nice and very needed for the holiday. I like the use of multiple files.
    Krista Hong from the DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! The plaid paper is perfect match for him :)

    ReplyDelete