Monday, April 20, 2015

Tail Gate Themed Shower

The next shower I helped host was a tail gating theme on the 11th. This was a couples shower and their colors were red, white, and black and they are big Husker fans, so it was perfect to put the NE colors and theme together.

I was starting to get sick that day and totally forgot to take pictures of the food table! I started to take a picture of it when I was taking the other pics and then decided to wait until all the hot food was on as well. Bummer! So I will just have to describe it for you.

First off the invite...I am so excited about this invitation! I knew I wanted it to look like a Husker football ticket and the best reward was when a guy saw the invite and thought I actually had a football ticket in my hand. Ü MANY thanks to my graphic design son for helping me out with this!



Here are the decorations. We didn't add any table coverings to the eating tables, since the theme was tail gating. This was above the food table. For food we served 3 kinds of boneless chicken wings, chips and nacho dip, Big Red Popcorn, and snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies.





 I wrapped tin cans with a textured designer paper that looks like football skin.

Here is the recipe for Big Red Popcorn that I made.

Big Red Popcorn
5 qt. popped popcorn
9 oz. pkg red hots
1/2 c. margarine
1/4 c. corn syrup
1/2 t. salt

Cook red hots, margarine, syrup and salt in microwave. Stir often. Boil 1 minute. Pour over popcorn in grocery sack; stir. Cook on high in grocery sack in microwave for 1 minute. Shake and cool. Break in small pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment