Monday, June 2, 2014

Pinned It Made It Monday Week 22

Good morning! Today's pin is one I've had pinned for quite some time and decided to give it a try. It is a grease removal tutorial  for getting grease stains out of clothes. I don't know how I manage to get them, but I do and it seems it is always on new shirts!

I was so excited that it worked and it was so easy! AND I had the items needed on hand to do it. Here is a picture of my shirt with the grease stains:

and here is a picture of after:




instructions via http://wegotreal.com/remove-grease-stains/

1.  Put a few squirts of dish soap on the stain and gently agitate with your fingers,  a soft wet toothbrush, or by rubbing the fabric together. (I used Dawn)

2.  Let sit for about 15-30 minutes.

3.  Rinse thoroughly. At this point, I couldn’t tell if the stain was there or not, so I proceeded with the next step just in case.

4.  Add 1-2 T. of baking soda and again agitate.

5.  Let sit for another 15-30 minutes.

6.  Wash in cold water as normal.

DO NOT DRY!  Check to see if stain is out and if not, repeat steps.  I let mine air dry and the stain was completely gone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment