Saturday, January 8, 2011

Something Old, Something New D2D Challenge

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to use what I have already on hand. Some of you may have received stamping goodies for Christmas. This challenge is to create a card/project using something you have on hand (possibly hoarding Ü) ; use something that is fairly new or maybe never been used (you can use the new image Faith designed for this week for your "new" item if you like Ü).

My "something new" is this fun Love Ya to Stitches image. My "something old" is the paper doily that I've had for a very long time (I'm going to have a post later this month showing what I used to do with these doilies 10 years ago! Ü). The ribbon could also qualify as "old" as it is vintage seam binding. With 100 yds on a roll it will take a long time to use it up. I love the softness of it and how it ties. The sild flower is also old now that I think of it. It came from a silk hydrangea stem that I got at Hobby Lobby. I think I've had the petals for a couple of years.

I was messing around in my editing program and faded the card out and thought it looked cool. It looks like a loved vintage card that someone has kept over the years.

We would love to have you come and play along with us on Card Ideas. Be sure to stop by and see what the DT created. Awesome inspiration there! And if you play along with us you could win a free digi image of your choice from the Designed2Delight store.

While you're at the Card Ideas blog, be sure to look around. There are some awesome projects posted there.

Have you been to the D2D Gallery Album? It is also full of wonderful ideas and the fun thing you can do there is search for images by name or for DT members. Then you can see all the projects made with that image or by that designer.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a pretty image, and I love the papers you've used!! I also love the lacy accents and your beautiful ribbon treatment!!

    ReplyDelete