Thursday, December 31, 2009

More LAD and a farewell

I have two more LAD cards to share with you today. For the first one, my inspiration comes from Nichole Heady. I LOVE the Button Bits sets she has designed. When I saw this flower image in Lizzie Anne Designs December Monthly Mix "Celebrate" I knew I could immulate Nichole's idea. I'm not saying not to buy from her, because she sells quality stamps. But if you are like me and can't afford to buy everything, it is good to look at what you have and improvise.

I really like how this turned out. I left it without a sentiment, so that I can use it for whatever occassion turns up.
My second card is also from the Celebrate stamp set. It's hard to tell in the photo, but there is glitter around the star. Now for the farewell. It is with great sadness that I am leaving the Lizzie Anne Design team. I was sure they would have to kick me off, but my life is just too crazy right now and I need to cut back. This was a tough decision to make, but I know a right one. Benjamin graduates in less than 5 months and I want to be able to spend more quality time with him and family and have no regrets.
This doesn't mean I will quit creating, but will be slowing down. I have LOTS of projects that I will be preposting over the next few days/weeks/months that you haven't seen that I've done for CHA, Christmas gifts or whatever.

2 comments:

  1. It was great getting to know you on the team Debbie! Many well wishes for you in the New Year! Love your cards and take lots of care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are great cards! So cheerful with fun colors and papers!
    Spending time with your family is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete