Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

Before I get on to the post I want to thank everyone who e-mailed me with birthday wishes yesterday. I rec'd so many e-mails. Thank you!
With so many coming on the 4th (I think the final count was 32), I was needing something to put the forks, spoons and napkins in to keep them organized.

So I was very excited when I received this blog post notification for THIS tutorial! How cool is this? It was perfect for what I needed. I used Lizzie Anne's Stars and Stripes digi paper. They say to use cardstock, but I wanted mine to be really sturdy, so I used the chipboard that comes with SU!'s 12 x 12 paper. I can store this for next year to use again. Tombow's Glue Stick is perfect for adhering paper to chipboard. It is strong and stays stuck!

There are soooo many ideas to use with this template! I can't wait to make more and share with you my ideas. It's super easy to make, so if you give it a try, please let me know and link me to your project.


My husband's niece made this flag cake. I had to quick get a picture before we cut it. I usually make a flag cake and Aaron was disappointed that I didn't have time to make one, so was glad when Teresa showed up with this. You can find the recipe here.


Along with everything else I made, I made a jello poke cake that I didn't get a picture of, but it really looked like this. I also made this. Very yummy!

1 comment: