Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whatcha' Doin Wednesday


Today's challenge is Gift Bags. We were challenged to decorate one or make one. I love making these "Genie" bags. They are so easy to make and handy to have on hand for when you need to give a little something to someone.

The set I used is Kiss the Cook. This oven reminds me of the old fashioned kind. I once saw a cream and green one like this at an auction and wish we would have gotten it. We could have "electricized" (is that a word?) it.

I like to give food gifts to neighbors, mail carrier, post mistress, etc. I think I will make several of these bags and fill them with Peanut Butter Temptations in a cello bag. They are little treats that will fit in the bag perfectly.

Here is the recipe:
Peanut Butter Temptations
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
48 Reeses mini peanut butter cups

Cream butters and sugars; add egg and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Stire in dry ingredients until blended. Roll dough into 1" balls. Press into 1 1/2" muffin tins. Bake at 350* for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press one miniature peanut butter cup candy into each hot cookie crust. Allow to cool.

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is so cute! Thanks for sharing the recipe too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm....mmmmm...mmmmm! I made these last Christmas and they were yummers!!! I didn't make any CUTE CUTE bags like this to put them in though. Way adorable!

    ReplyDelete