Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Love Blocks

Welcome to the first Cutting Cafe post for 2016! This week it's all about love! The design team has been challenged to create a project using any love /valentine etc files from Regina's files.

I chose to create some wood blocks spelling out L♥VE using the letters from Love Word Shaped Card, heart from the Heart Tic Tac Box file, and mini words from Valentine's Day Mini Words Printable Set that I printed out on pale pink cardstock.
I cut the letters twice from scrap cardstock and then once from designer paper. All the designer paper is by Fancy Pants Designs' Love Note line (oops black polka dot is from Country Boutique line) with the exception of the red heart and that is from My Mind's Eye. 

After layering the letters and heart with Tombow adhesive, I decorated each letter using ribbons, brads, and flower from my stash.

Each wood block measures 3 " x 3.75". Now I have to decide if I'm keeping these or gifting them. Ü

Be sure to visit the Cutting Cafe Blog on the 7th and 21st of every month to see the design team's projects in which you can leave a comment to be entered into a drawing to win 3 FREE sets of your choice from the online store.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my i was hoping you were going to do a project like this....this is so amazing..love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these wood blocks came out gorgeous. Love them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your woodblocks are fabulous! So glad you linked to my Valentines/Hearts Challenge. Have a lovely day, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this sweet project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! That would be a hard decision... it always is isn't it? Should you give it away you'll have one happy recipient... makes me want to make a set!

    ReplyDelete